- This event has passed.
Metro BEST: Bicycle Education & Safety Training Classes & Rides
One event on September 15, 2019 at 4:00am
One event on September 22, 2019 at 4:00am
One event on September 29, 2019 at 4:00am
With funding and support from Metro, Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition (LACBC) offers free bicycle education classes for adults who are new to riding or have recently gotten back into riding and want to refresh their skills. There are three class levels to choose from, starting with the most basic riding skills. All three classes include on-bike instruction. We also offer beginner group community rides for the same adults, as well as teens and children. Pre-registration is required for classes and all class attendees get a free helmet and bicycle lights. Here’s a list of our upcoming Metro BEST (Bicycle Education Safety Training) classes and rides, and be sure to check back regularly (or sign up for our e-newsletter) for updates.
- Bicycling 101 – If you know how to ride a bike, but may be uncomfortable using a bike for everyday travel or recreation. This class covers bike safety basics with an engaging and interactive off-bike presentation.
- Check back for future Bicycling 101 classes
- Bike 1 – Back to Basics. If you know how to ride a bike, but you aren’t comfortable using a bicycle for everyday travel or recreation, then this class may be for you.
- Bike 2 – Rules of the Road. This class will help you understand the rules of the road and provide practical skills so that riders are able to navigate city streets safely and use bikes for everyday travel.
- Bike 3 – Street Skills. If you are comfortable getting on a bike and want to gain more experience bicycling on city streets in a group setting? This class will apply practical skills and critical thinking in real-world settings and will build off skills learned in the Bike 1 & Bike 2 classes.
Corporate Brown Bag Classes
LACBC also offers one hour presentation classes sponsored by Metro BEST as well as our own courses. These classes are typically scheduled for employees to attend while at work, but they can also be scheduled for evenings or weekends at a variety of locations such as libraries, bike shops, and community centers. If you are interested in scheduling a class, please contact our Education Director listed below.
If you’re interested in learning more, please contact Education Director Colin Bogart at colin[209a-bike.org