The Arcade Theatre marked the entry into Southern California by Vaudeville independent Alexander Pantages. When it opened in 1910 as the Pantages, it was one of a growing number of Vaudeville, legitimate and moving picture houses in Los Angeles’ thriving downtown retail and entertainment district. The theatre was built for Pantages by William Garland, an Irish immigrant and retired railroad entrepreneur turned real estate developer.
The theatre eventually closed its doors, and the lobby area was converted to retail use in 1993.
- Address534 S. Broadway Los Angeles, CA 90013
- LocationNo Location
- By blairbesten
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Theme Settings > Item Pages > Contact > Contact Form ID