Built in 1914, the Regent is one of only two survivors of Main Street’s early entertainment heritage. Constructed as the 600-seat National Theatre, this two-story building originally had an ornate Renaissance Revival façade of gleaming white terra cotta, topped by a classically inspired pediment. The theatre was renamed the Regent after a few years but continued to show first-run films.
The theatre closed in 2000 after years as an adult movie house. In 2012, music promoter Mitchell Frank took control of the Regent with plans to offer a mix of movies and live music events.
- By blairbesten
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Theme Settings > Item Pages > Contact > Contact Form ID