Board of Directors Nominations
Election will be held at our Annual Meeting in March 2021.
If you are interested in being nominated as a member of the board of directors please email us at: email@example.com
In 1868 the area where St. Vincent’s Place is located today used to be known as Saint Vincent’s College (Loyola University) until 1887. This was Southern California’s very first college. When the college moved to a new campus, the old building became the US Army Headquarters. In 1907 the giant department store, Bullock’s moved in and turned St. Vincent’s into a destination.
Currently, St. Vincent’s is home to the largest jewelry collective in America and home to more than 500 independent jewelers.
However, it is no longer just a place for jewelers! St. Vincent now has fully renovated creative offices for rent. Amenities include a rooftop deck, 24/7 security, kitchen buildouts, gorgeous views, ample spaces, and more.
Take a peek at our tour below.
639 S Broadway
Located on Broadway between 5th and 6th Streets, the F & W Grand Silver Store Building was built shortly after the demolition of the Milton Hotel in 1931.
The Art Deco style of the building was designed by Albert R. Walker & Percy A. Eisen, one of the most influential architectural design firms in Los Angeles in the 1920s & 1930s.
The F & W Grand Silver Store, an early national “five and dime” store, was the 1 st tenant. Within the rows of the terra cotta columns are alternating spandrel panels, with classic Art Deco reliefs, and metal frame double casement windows with narrow glass transom above.
Little original or historically significant elements remain in the interior of the building. Original staircases remain and will be preserved although existing banisters and decorative elements were previously removed. A ghost sign on the existing brick walls was successfully preserved and on display.
Current owners, Kings Arch & The Shamoolian Family, have been working closely with The Office of Historic Resources to restore the property and turn it into creative offices.
Check out the views of 537 S Broadway, amenities, and more.
537 S Broadway
The Ace Hotel is housed inside the historic Texaco Building on 9th and Broadway. Did you know it was the tallest building in the city for one year after its completion in 1927? It features 182 rooms, a pool, a restaurant, and three bars. The rooftop is beloved by many locals and offers gleaming views of our city. Take a virtual tour below. Find out more about the hotel here.
The theater constructed in late 1930 and early 1931. It was commissioned by H.L. Gumbiner, an independent film exhibitor from Chicago. It was designed by S. Charles Lee, and Samuel Tilden Norton, their vision was inspired by the French Baroque style.
The construction cost nearly $1.5 million dollars, with the final donation coming from Charlie Chaplin. This was the last theater of it’s kind to be built on Broadway before the Great Depression.
After closing its doors in 1994, the theater has since reopened and now hosts a multitude of events, concerts, and movie nights. Find out more here.
The theatre was designed by architect C. Howard Crane of the firm Walker & Eisen for the United Artists film studio formed by D. W. Griffith, Charlie Chaplin, Douglas Fairbanks, and Mary Pickford.
The theater, a classic movie palace, was one of many constructed by United Artists and served as a major premier house. The theater occupies three floors of the 13-story building and has a 2,214-seat auditorium.
It is still in operation to this day (though temporarily closed due to COVID19), hosting a number of events including concerts, movie premiers, and panels. Find out more here.